Re: [AJD] Rear Axle Leak. '41 B

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Mon Oct 3 21:19:50 PDT 2005

Mike
Not that easy I'm afraid. The rear end oil should never have been that far. The outer felt
washers are strictly a dust seal for the outer wheel bearings. Your leak begins down inside the
rear end. Procedure is to remove the rear end/rockshaft cover, remove the axle nut/bullgear etc
and you will get to the seal. Check the bearings, I normally don't casually replace them unless
they are worn and loose or pitted through the surface. Replace the outer felt also since you
will have removed the axle and reassemble. Not hard, it just takes some time.
Wish I had an easier answer for you.
Greg

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
PO Box 709
Franktown, CO 80116
303-663-5246
303-468-0377 FAX<<--GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!

On Mon Oct  3  7:42 , 'Robert M. Massengale' <ltcmikem at ktc.com> sent: