[Farmall] Some tractor show fun...

Ed crest25 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 3 21:03:05 PDT 2005

I have been having tractor fun for over 25 years now. This past weekend I attended and participated in the 29th Annual Gret Tractor Races in Temecula, California. Three fun-filled days of racing and mud-frolicking.

I wish there were more than just my single Farmall in attendance. Perhaps next year. No, you don't have to race - you can show off, demo, sell, or whatever you want. It's a tractor-related event for tractor-related and country folk. City dwellers are welcome - and encouraged to spend their hard earned money. The event is a non-profit organization usually funds benefitting a children's group in town. This year it is going specifically to help rebuild a high school destroyed as a result of Hurricane Katrina.

Ed

Chuck Bealke <bealke at airmail.net> wrote:
Guy Fay wrote:

> Of course, some city folks would then expect us to plant some steers
> so they could have pot roast.

Guy,

Not to worry. Those come up in the spring, long before Labor Day.

Seriously, it is interesting to note how show-related activities come in and out
of favor. Years ago I seem to remember more contests of men plowing with
two-horse teams, and hand corn picking contests were popular. Also backing
four-wheel wagons with tractors into tight places is a fine art I have not heard
about in show contests for a few years. Maybe I'm not going to enough shows.

Sounds like Thresheree keeps getting better and better. Good work.

_|___\ __
|_____/ \ ~ Chuck Bealke ~ bealke at airmail.net ~
( ) \__/ http://www.plowsong.com