[AT] I'm Back

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Sat Oct 1 18:11:04 PDT 2005

Charlie,
Here cable isn't an option - the cable is run "up on the hard road" but not down
here.  Telephone and electricity are both provided by coops - both Duke Power
and Bellsouth would like to make inroads now since the population density has
increased but that isn't likely.
I've had DSL service since my telephone coop fist offered it.  Not as fast as
what is available with cable broadband but certainly faster than dial up.
Service has been better than average for sure - I even know the name of the
local repair person - he's been out a few times for various problems over the
years.  In fact the person who installed my dsl still works for the telephone co
- he's some kind of manager now, and he's highly thought of by the service
techs.  It's nice to have a local person to call if there is any trouble and
even nicer to know his name.  I've heard a few people with complaints about the
internet service but I really don't have any complaints at all.

David