[AT] OT Heating with wood

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sat Oct 1 12:47:03 PDT 2005

Hi Farmer,

What I used to do years ago was to throw about 5 or 6 sheets of crumpled up
newspaper in the fire box with the door open every few days.  That took care
of the build up with no problems.  You are exactly right.  Our average
winter temp is somewhere in the 50's with lows usually in the mid 30's and
40's.  I don't think the ground ever froze last winter.  Once in a while you
guys  leave the door open to the NW of us and it gets good and cold here but
not usually.

Charlie