[AT] Cracked diesel block opinion question

mmman at netscape.com mmman at netscape.com
Wed Nov 30 20:15:00 PST 2005

Carl
I am a big fan of the Perkins diesels--the AT4 236 might just have a crack in the water jacket, but if it needs a block, there are lots of them out there in the boneyards. There are several methods of patching cracks and it depends on size and where it is.  It uses dry sleeves and I well remember the first time I overhauled one--a massey 65.
Bear