[AT] Air compressors?

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Sun Nov 27 14:21:32 PST 2005

    Ralph;
    I have solved my water problem by mounting 2 water
seperators together in series and mounting them on an old disc
blade. They are the larger 3/4' ones. I have a double quick
disconnect outlet on it and a male quick disconnect on the input
side. When I am sandblasting, I leave the drain valve cracked on
the first stage seperator to let out most of the water. The
second stage seldom collects any water.
    This setup is handy and portable. It is very useful when
using air tools and will increase the life of the tools
considerably.
    I have a 6 horsepower heavy duty compressor that is hard
piped in my shop with copper tubing. I have 6 air connectors in
my shop and 2 outside the shop. I have 2 homemade seperators
that I made from 3 foot pieces of 1 1/4 inch copper pipe with a
drain valve in the bottom. One is right after the compressor and
the other is at the far end of the shop. All of the air is run
the length of the shop to assure it has cooled enough for the
water to settle to the bottom so it can be drained. After the
second seperator, I run the lines for the shop air. When I use
the portable seperators, I am actually seperating the water at 4
stages of seperation, not counting the water that collects in
the compressor tank.
    My bead blast cabinet is hooked directly to the shop air
lines with 1 water seperator and I very seldom collect enough
water to have to drain this seperator.
    I have been very pleased with this system and have never
regretted the time and expense to install it.

                    Gene