[AT] Re: Cecil Monson

mmman at netscape.com mmman at netscape.com
Mon Nov 7 17:01:22 PST 2005

Amen George
I feel privilged that I was able to meet and get to know our friend Cecil.  One of my favorite memories is of Cecil early in the morning at Portland.  He would always try to have coffee ready and a cup poured before Gene or I could--and we let him win sometimes.  Then we would visit on the way to breakfast over on the fairgrounds.  Those are memories that can not be taken away.  His place around the Portland fire will alway be reserved and we will have a time to remember a great friend, mentor, living example and gentlemen of the old order.
Bear

I once sent him some victor torch parts he could not find and he sent me a tractor sign when I would not let him pay for used parts.  That sign--a MM one--is in a place of honor on the shop wall.