[Steam-engine] boiler feedwater injector conection

Andre' Blanchard andre at usermail.com
Mon Nov 7 09:27:09 PST 2005

I think that the Stanley steam car boilers had the feed water line coming
in the top tube sheet.  And the fitting had a length of tube on it that
extended down into the water.  Would be a nice clean path from a preheater
in the stack.  Do you have room to tap a hole in the top tube sheet?  I
wonder what the inspector would think of that? :')
In fact I think all openings into the boiler were thru the tube sheets do
to the layers of wire wrapping the shell.
Andre' B.  Clear Lake, Wi.