[AT] Something better to discuss

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Thu Nov 3 09:28:02 PST 2005

Ten years ago, I took the ocean-going ferry across the Baltic from Sopot
to Karlskrona.  The hallways had a number of slot machines in them --
all in Krona.  No one bothered with them on the trip to Sweden, but on
the way back, EVERYONE played the slots.  Since you can't exchange coins
at money exchanges, you have to spend all the coins some way.  Drinking,
eating, and gambling were about the only ways to do it.

Since Sweden uses coins very freely for making change, it took me half
the night to get rid of all of it.  I kept winning, and of course the
payoff was in more Krona.

(That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!)   :-)

Larry