[Farmall] Final Drive Needed

Richard Pope popeman at verizon.net
Wed Nov 2 05:45:13 PST 2005

Jim & Mike:

I posted a "Wanted" ad on the Yesterday's Tractor website and a man in
Illinois has the part that I need.  He has the left final drive, number
9824DC, which matches up with your numbers.  He only wants $75 for the whole
unit, so I'm going to buy it.  The shipping to California is going to hurt,
but it's worth it if it solves my problem.   Another question:  By having
the left final drive from an "A" model installed on my "Super A", has any
damage been done to the trans or other parts?  The tractor is making a
pretty bad whining noise when I drive it (I'm not going to move the thing
until I get the new final drive installed).

Many thanks for your thoughts and info.

Richard Pope
Apple Valley, CA