[AJD] JD 2010 - 42" rims?

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Wed Nov 30 23:41:49 PST 2005

I've got a set of rims here that I believe came off of a 2010 RC but they
would not solve Howard's problem. They are pressed steel center, 9 bolt
hole, 42" rims. As far as I can tell these have been made from 38" pressed
steel centers with a 42" rim replacing the 38" rim. Whoever did the
modification did a very nice professional job and they are in really good
shape.

I really don't have a use for them, the only reason I ended up with them is
because they had a pair of pristine 45 degree rib 42" tires on them. So if
they are of use to someone, I don't have very much into them, holler and
maybe we can solve a problem.

Since they will fit the same hole pattern as normal 38" pressed steel rims,
I've thought at times of doing something really goofy and put them on an
early B or A just for fun sometime, just to see how strange they would look.
There must be a good reason they are taking up space in my barn. Maybe a
diehard puller could use them. Bigger diameter tire, more tread on the
ground but not as wide to achieve the same traction. More pounds per square
inch.

As is always the case I found these about a month after I had just purchased
a pair of brand new 12.4 x 42" Firestone 22 degree rib tires. Those suckers
are made out of gold! I had looked for good 45 degree used ones for a long
time and gave up a month too soon.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!