[AT] Cracked diesel block opinion question

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Wed Nov 30 17:37:25 PST 2005

Should I go near an AC 170 with a Perkins 4 cyl 236 diesel engine that has a
cracked block?  The crack is on the side - I'm told.  Otherwise the tractor
is allegedly cream for its age and starts easy in the cold and runs clean.
Any comments are appreciated.  Comments on such (possibly) non-critical
cracks and the Perkins engines in general are appreciated.

Lets see - 6 egg whites and an ounce of black pepper and I'll never know it
is there???

Carl Gogol
Manlius, NY
(2) AC D-14, AC 914H