[AT] Some ads from the 11/26 Lancaster Farming

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Wed Nov 30 11:35:55 PST 2005

Dudley,

The 8N was offered with either 4.00-19 or optional 6.00-16.  With 4.00-19,
my 8N was a really nice steering tractor... but not as nice as either of my
9Ns are with the same tire.  I bought a 641 to use as a loader tractor and
it is a bear to handle.  I replaced the worn front tires with new 6.50-16 3
rib and it improved a bit.  I replaced the thrust bearings on the bottom of
the spindles and got further improvement.  I replaced the tires again with
new 5.50-16 and it improved more... I can actually drive it without anything
in the bucket.  Then ... wanting something better, I bought an International
300-U to use as a loader tractor.  WOW!  What an improvement!  It steered so
bad the Ford seemed like it had PS.  I practically gave the 300-U/loader
away to get it out of my sight.  ( I traded it for a parts Cub)

One suggestion:  put as much air in the tires as possible... I run a little
more than max allowable and it really helps.

Oh!  One thing more... the 8N steering box must be lubed through a mounting
bolt hole and it may have been overlooked.

George Willer