[Farmall] 706 and diesel oil missed.

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 30 04:04:25 PST 2005

HF-
  It seems as if the opinion I posted served to rile you and, be assured, nothing of the sort was my intention.
  I was only marking my views from experience and observation.  Once  an individual embarks upon that "downward spiral", it is only very  rarely that the process halts and almost never reverses itself.
  I have seen this in neighborhood young people in several  instances.  I honestly don't know if it is drugs, proverty (either  monetary or moral), or some bad wiring in the genes,  In two cases  that come to mind as of this writing, both sets of parents were fine  folks and fully trustworthy.  Their sons, however, proved to be  incorrigible.  One is in a state pen and the other is a trouble  maker of the first water *e.g., recently broke into his own parents  home while they were on vacation and, finally, chose to have a  confrontation with the police while holding a 30-30!!!).
  HF, people (both male and female, there is no distinction) simply  operate differently than, let's say, you and I.  They don't see  ramifications and they have no sense of consequence.  The practice  of "breaking and entering" easily escalates to "breaking your head  open" to such vermin.  Retaliation takes the shape of "from  something minor" to "something much more major" and it is an easy  transition for them.
  Should one be proactive in defending and protecting their possessions  and loved ones?  Absolutely!  That is inarguable.  If  this country (world?) was running correctly, there would be no need for  locks and security systems.  Reality speaks much differently,  however.
  Please understand that I respect your thoughts, position, and practices  (short of shooting a teenager dead for stealing a gallon of  diesel...that is not a capital crime).
  JM

"H. Fry" <bald at tds.net> wrote:  We're gettin a little off track here, but...
JM, your take on this would lead us into a situation in which we don't stand
up for ourselves.  I don't expect the government, the police nor any
do-gooder group to be able to take care of every problem in my life.  I work
hard for what little we have and the person who steals from me bears
personal responsibility for their action. If I give them a bye because there
may be future problems...I've given up my property and additionally, my
personal freedom.  Wont happen.
H. Fry