[Farmall] Cima IH Paris Model FH 235

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 15:57:05 PST 2005

I spoke with the owner...a very nice fellow from  Clyde, New York by the name of Peter Moses.  He is an old codger  like me (about 57).

  He would like to join the approproiate groups (e.g., Farmall, ATIS,  etc.) but I was not exactly certain as to how to direct him.   Could you/Would you assist in this?

  His email is mos150 at hotmail.com.  If you can't or won't, that is OK, too.

  JM

Mike Sloane <mikesloane at verizon.net> wrote:

James Moran wrote:
> To whom it might, etc..... In the Rochester paper two tractors were
> offered for purchase.   One is a Massey Ferguson T030 w/3.0 @ $1800
Actually, there is no such thing as a "Massey Ferguson T030". It is a
Ferguson TO-30, which is almost identical to the Ford 8N, except it has
a 30 hp Continental engine and weighs about 2600 lbs. They came with a
three point hitch standard. The TO-30 would make a reasonable snow
machine if you added tire chains and a rear scraper blade. Rigging up a
front blade would be somewhat of a challenge.

> and the other is a Farmall  "H" w/loader @ $1500.
The Farmall H is a 26 hp tractor weighing 3300 lbs, and the loader is
likely to be the "trip bucket" type - when the loader is up, you pull on
a rope to drop the contents of the bucket. These were most commonly used
for handling manure in feed lots. That kind of loader had a very narrow
bucket - usually 4' at the most. So, with tire chains, it might be good
for cutting out drifts, but it wouldn't be worth much for clearing your
long driveway.

   Obviously, I know
> that this is very  little information upon which to offer any kind of
> opinion, but I would  like to know what (any) of you think on the
> surface of it.  I live  in Rochester and the tractors are in
> Syracuse.  I have a call in  to the ower, but have not heard anything
> as of yet.  I don't know  the year of manufacture, the fuel (is the
> M/F diesel or gas, for  example) the basic condition, wide or narrow
> front, any other  implements, etc.
The "Fergie" is gas with a wide front end, while the H is most likely
gas with a narrow front end (some were distillate fuel). The H did not
have any kind of lifting hitch in back, unless someone fitted an
aftermarket kit. The hydraulics on the H are of limited capacity and
power and only work when the clutch is engaged (again, unless someone
has fitted a pump from a later Super H). The TO-30 was made from
1951-54, while the Farmall H was made from 1939-53. The prices
advertised are about in line with what I have seen, but if either needs
tires, figure on another $500 or so.

Mike

  Can you (at least) give a sketch

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website:
Images:

The most certain test by which we can judge whether a country is really
free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities. -Lord Acton (John
Emerich Edward Dalberg-Acton), historian (1834-1902)