[Farmall] O-12 flywheel

Karl Olmstead olmstead at ridgenet.net
Mon Nov 28 07:25:58 PST 2005

This particular one has the conventional (foot) clutch, Jim.  I have another
O-12, with adjacent serial number, that has the hand clutch with over center
feature.  I've accumulated several O-12s now.  Roughly one in three has the
hand clutch.  The ones with hand clutches have foot brakes, and vice versa.
Then there is the choice of front wheels; little bitty 7" cast rims or more
conventional 15" spoked wheels...  It's surprising how many different
configurations were available.

Incidentally, the 'clutch housing' I referred to is actually part of the
cast front frame.  The overall design makes a lot more sense now that I have
it all apart.

-karl