[AJD] Another trivia question - Pre-Screeners??

Duane Larson jdlarson at comcast.net
Sun Nov 27 18:28:42 PST 2005

Dean,
FWIW, a May 1960 version of SM2039 for the 4010 shows a prescreener with
round holes, as does an October 1963 SM2038 for the 3010.  Advertising
brochure A1171-59-6 for the 730 also shows a "new prescreener attachment"
with round holes.  This unit was not in 1958 or earlier brochures - only the
precleaner.  The prescreener does not appear to be in the accessories
catalog AC1000 dated 10-58 but is in the 11-59 version.  It will be
interesting to learn if the prescreener came on your brothers 520 or whether
he added it later.

Since the screen was available separately from the prescreener unit, I
suspect it was another low-bid deal for the screen which may have changed
over the years.
Regards,
Duane Larson