[AT] Air compressors?

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Nov 27 05:20:24 PST 2005

Al, I've heard the oiless units can be quite loud. If you are wanting one
that is portable then your choices are fairly limited. Have you considered
buying a bigger one and installing air lines in the shop? If you plan on
doing a lot of painting you'll need a fair amount of CFM to run a siphon
feed gun. Do you guys plan on running large air tools such as 3/4 drive
wrenches or sanders? I've never heard of anyone complaining they bought too
big of a compressor. We just bought a new about 2 years ago from Lowes.
About a 60 gallon tank cast iron unit. It still isn't big enough to handle
the sandblaster I just bought so I am going to have to couple 2 compressors
together for enough air when I am blasting.

If I were you I would try Northern Tool and Equipment or Lowes. Keep in mind
also that the larger ones are 220V.

John