[AT] Air compressors?

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sat Nov 26 18:13:17 PST 2005

Al, I would encourage you to stay away from the "oil-less" compressors. In
my limited experience they just don't hold up to reasonable usage. I would
suggest finding a cast iron compressor driven by a decent sized motor. I
believe it really pays off to pay just a little bit more. My small
compressor is a Speed Air and I would recommend it highly. I suspect there
are others brands of similar quality.

For painting you will want to do some oil and water filtering external to
the main tank.  Air heats up during compression and then when it cools down
it collects moisture, which will drive you bonkers during the painting
process.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!