[AJD] Unusual 430 "W"?? on ebay

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Fri Nov 25 16:43:17 PST 2005

Dean,
         I can't answer any of your questions, but I have my opinions.  The
tractor does appear to be a 430 W.   It may have left the factory as a 430
W.  I don't think the serial plate was intended to be a W.  Probably a
U.  My 40 U has the "U" in black like the 40 is and the 430 is on this
one.  It looks to me that the serial plate has been modified from a U  to
indicate W.  More than likely at the factory as there is not much
difference between the two and could easily have been changed on the
assembly line.  Heck, they might have made the wrong tractor and just fixed
the serial plate to match what they built.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA