[AJD] Unusual 430 "W"?? on ebay

LeRoy Price lep at epix.net
Fri Nov 25 14:48:53 PST 2005

The general plate looks pretty much the same if I remember right.  Normally the designation is stamped S, T, W or whatever.  The stamping is normally like someone typed the letter into the area.  I had a 430T and still have a 40S and the 40W.  The serial plate looks a bit odd from the designation prespective.  Obviously its not typed or stamped anymore.

I did ask the seller if he had the serial number researched and he hasn't.  The rear tires on the seller's tractor are 28 inch.  That seems to tell me that it is a 430W.  I think the largest tires on a U was 26 inch.

LeRoy