[AJD] John Deere Sign

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Thu Nov 24 20:30:26 PST 2005

True Tom, that did surprise me at the NY Expo. But wasn't that sign a black deer? Seems like I
remember it was. That's why it did so well. Ran across a new in the box rectangular dealer
clock from sometime in the early 1980's I had bought. You might have one at your store. It's
pretty large, rectangular, lights up, has logo and a slogan and is blackish in color. Seems
like I had bought three from Deere although I don't believe they were offered to dealers?
Anyway, one we had up for years but clock quit, one I have no idea where it went and then this
one. I am slowly locating all the stuff I had from the "early years". Still haven't found a new
old stock 430 air cleaner we have, haven't seen it in 12 years. What a mess.

A 500 now you say? Good deal. Best I've run across was a JDX6 from Ebay some time ago, ran and
from original owner's nephew, for $50! And he was local and delivered it to boot! Still setting
right where we dropped it. Oh well

I am trying to stop acquiring sleds now. I've done well on tractors, haven't bought one in a
long time. Old catalogs are a different matter!

Greg

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
PO Box 709
Franktown, CO 80116
303-663-5246
303-468-0377 FAX<<--GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!

On Thu Nov 24 20:43 , TSmith1499 at aol.com sent: