JD Lawn Tractors (was Re: [AT] Cockshut, Oliver, Coop etc.

Terry Welch ksw001 at pensys.com
Thu Nov 24 05:50:36 PST 2005

You are right. Most the items on them are bought from different
suppliers. The only difference might be in John Deere might require a
higher quality of part than other manufacturers do. A lot of items are
outsourced by different motor companies. I looked a new Chevrolet the
other day and it had a Honda engine in it. I like Spencer have a GMC
that has a Isuzu diesel in it. I feel it is a great combination. For
years now most class 8 trucks have been assembled items. Pretty much all
items are made by some other source and put together by the truck
manufacturer. Mack might come the closest in still having a lot of their
own systems on the truck.
Terry