[Farmall] Timing setting on Cub

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Wed Nov 23 16:14:44 PST 2005

The governor MUST be timed to the idler drive gear for the mag to be
timed right.  with the tractor set to TDC the drive should be in this
position.
http://home.centurytel.net/ejpuckett/Farmallcub.com/drive%20slot.jpg
If your is not, you will need to either remove the governor and time it
according to the instructions in your service manual, or replace the
magneto with a distributor which will allow you to "cheat" the
adjustment.  If you don't have a manual you can view one on line at
http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Blue%20Ribbon%20Service%20Manuals/GSS-1411%20Service%20Manual%20for%20Cubs%20and%20Lo-boy%20Tractors/Section%201%20-%20Engine/index.html

go to pages 01-41 and 01-42