JD Lawn Tractors (was Re: [AT] Cockshut, Oliver, Coop etc.

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Wed Nov 23 07:06:30 PST 2005

One of our local Deere implement dealers had a very nice separate lawn,
garden, and utility vehicle store before the cheap mowers came to town.  He
has now closed that facility.  I have no idea what became of the
employees.  Hopefully most were pulled back to the implement dealership,
but I doubt there was room for all.  I see none at the parts counter.  I
own a 325.  It was way overpriced. ( I bought a gas 4020 for the same
money.)  I shopped until I found a new one that was a year old.  I don't
like the idea of the Kawasaki engine, but time will tell.  It is the only
thing that has given any trouble.  As far as I can tell, it is built by
Deere at the Horicon Works.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA