[AT] Cockshut, Oliver, Coop, Shepard etc.

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Tue Nov 22 20:13:00 PST 2005

    Ralph;
    Thanks for clearing that up. It has been over 45 years since
I drove the 40 and 50 in my high school days and these details
have a way of fading from recollection. Even when I sent that I
was not sure, but knew there was very little commonality betwen
the Cockshutts, Sheppard and Mercer tractors.

                Gene

:
: Had to put my two cents worth on this one Gene as I know for
sure my 40 and
: 50 have six speed transmissions and there was no option. You
might be
: thinking of the 'creeper' transmission available on the 30. It
gave a
: creeper gear in each of the four speeds for total of 8 speeds.
: Also,, that Mercer tractor,,,, looks like no Cockshutt I have
ever seen.
: Except for the 4-153 engine which would be the same as the
Cockshutt 30,
: otherwise I see no similarity.
:
: Ralph in Sask.
: http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/
:
:
: AT mailing list
: Remembering Our Friend Cecil Monson 11-4-2005
: http://www.antique-tractor.com/mailman/listinfo/at
: