[Steam-engine] WaHoo

CopperheadMarine at aol.com CopperheadMarine at aol.com
Tue Nov 22 14:41:04 PST 2005

What!

   All these tears about lap seam boilers and rivets  and UT and the darn man
still got A hundred pounds. OK I want to hear from the  correct police on the
list about how this is just plain "wrong"!

   I know of  a lookout mountain with a current inspection for 100 lbs and it
is a lap seam  and has some thin spots. I don't think the inspectors are as
leary of verticals  as they are of locomotive style boilers?

 Anyhow glad to hear that you may get 100 if the rest of  the inspection goes
well.

 I do have a question, has he said anything about a  fusible plug other than
the one in the top of the firebox? I was under the  impression that a vertical
had to have a waterside plug in a tube a few inches  under the lower limit of
the sight glass?

Charlie