[AT] Tractor tires

ken knierim wild1 at cpe-66-1-196-61.az.sprintbbd.net
Tue Nov 22 07:41:05 PST 2005

Gentlemen,
    All this talk about food is going to waist... MINE! :)

Anyway, I'm looking for a couple of tires. I have a 1940 Case DH that
originally came on steel. I'd love to get it back to original steel but
that's rather impractical... they converted it to rubber with chloride
and the rims are rotted out (but the 14-30 tires are in decent shape).

I have a set of rims on a DC that I would like to use instead... if I
can find some tires for it. They are 10-38 tires that are totally
sun-rotted but the rims are in good shape. Of course, if I could get a
set of rims for the 14-30 tires and had a few days in the shop I could
probably make the old ones work.

I'm longer on time than money on this project... but the tractor used to
be my Granddad's so I'd like to get it driveable again someday.

Also, does anyone have a seat for a later D Case? I need one for my '51
DI so I can get the DH seat off it and back on the DH. Someone cobbled a
car leaf spring in to hold up the seat and it broke, dropping me
unceremoniously on the platform. Fortunately I had a good grip on the
wheel due to the lack of power steering and was able to get it stopped
without incident...

Ken in AZ