[AJD] Serial # 60002 JD B sells for $4,602.00 on eBay

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Tue Nov 22 00:05:28 PST 2005

Randy:

I have several pictures of the 1939 through 1947 Hand Start B's on a picture
site. Some show the flywheels.

I seem to recall there were flywheel changes but now I'm confused as to if
I'm thinking of the H rather than the B.

The Pictures are at:

http://public.fotki.com/deanvp/tractors/jd/styled/b/

I need to get to bed but maybe you can dig through these pictures and see if
any show different flywheels.

The Parts Catalog does show a change in flywheel part numbers at Serial
Number 96000 (1941 model year) from B660R (AB705R) to B1848R (AB2756R) which
is much larger than that used on the 1939 and 1940 models. That probably
happened when the HP increased.  The hand start flywheel doesn't show
another part number change.

Right now I'm too tired to think straight but is it possible yours is the
earlier flywheel? Maybe the later hand start flywheel was bigger in diameter
but thinner than the earlier flywheel. I have a 1939 hand start flywheel
here but not the later one.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!