[AT] Mercer tractor at Cumming, GA show

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Mon Nov 21 09:45:14 PST 2005

	I was looking at some of the numbers on the test sheets
Dean sent and was surprised to see the Allis Chalmers WD
listed at 26/24 HP. I pulled out Lester Larson's book and
looked and a light came on. The test on those sheets was
test # 399 and was a distillate tractor. Test 440 was a gas
WD and came in at 34.63/30.30 HP
	A lot of those WD's pulled 3-14" plows here but I doubt
you could do it with one only running at 26 HP.

--
"farmer"
Living at Hewick Midwest

Sometimes we have to work at it a little but if we
are all going to age well we must indeed work at keeping a
positive attitude. We might as well go out in overdrive and
with the pedal to the metal because this thing called life
"don't got no reverse"...  There is no sense wasting
a lot of time trying to find one...
(FJR 2005)

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA