[AJD] $300 Ebay JD gas cap

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sun Nov 20 22:49:15 PST 2005

I suspect this auction is on the up and up for a couple reasons.

1.) The seller is from within 10 miles from where I was born and raised. All
people who live or have lived in this area are 100% straight shooters!  :-)
There used to be a huge antique tractor salvage yard in Doon, IA. I'm afraid
what was left went to meltdown heaven unfortunately.

2.) The real reason I believe this is a straight & honest auction is that
most, if not all, of those bidding have bid and/or have purchased items from
me on eBay.

I just suspect this is just such a unique rare item that those with excess
disposable cash are falling all over themselves. As an alternative, I would
be happy to sell them each a yardstick for 100th of the current bid price
and could achieve the same objective. I might even have some yardsticks here
with Coast to Coast or something really rare screened on them as well. My
cost on those is pretty low. For one tenth the current bid price I probably
could get them screened (maybe even embossed somehow) with the name John
Deere on them with a 1950's logo.

As a suggestion, I think we have to be a bit cautious about accusing the
seller of funny stuff w/o having any evidence to back it up. We need to walk
a mile in our neighbors moccasins before we become too critical. Yep,
sometimes I forget that rule too.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!