[Farmall] Barn Raising Fund

Jim Kordick jkor1 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 20 08:38:38 PST 2005

I hope this list doesn't turn into a solicitation forum.

From: "Troy Bogdan" <tbogdan1 at earthlink.net>
To: <tbogdan1 at earthlink.com>
Subject: [Farmall] Barn Raising Fund
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 08:39:45 -0500

Sorry for any cross-postings:
Subject: Barn Raising Fund

Please help our farm to preserve agricultural history. We are
purchasing an Historic Pennsylvania Bank Barn, post and beam frame,
circa 1880's, that was meticulously taken down, and placed into storage.

Our neighbors, the Coburns (Gary & Donna,who live at the Historic John Brown
Farm & run the museum), do this sort of work for a living,and they will be
doing the reconstruction for us, if we can raise the funds.  That's where we
ask for your help.

We need to build the foundation, furnish new wooden sides, and top it with a
steel or
slate roof. We also need to hire the laborers (Gary's crew) with a crane.

The rest will be done by volunteers in an old fashioned barn raising. All
donors will be invited to participate!

Please help us in this worthy endeavor, that will also benefit our
on-farm storage and future livestock facilities.  We need to raise
approximately $35 thousand for all materials and non-volunteer labor.

THANK YOU!!

Please pass this on to anybody that you know that might be
interested in helping us, as well as potential donors and/or
volunteers for the barn raising.

Please make checks payable to:

Pure Earth Organic Farm
MEMO: Barn Fund
19000 New Richmond Road
Cambridge Springs, PA  16403
(814) 967-4423
www.pureearthorganic.com

"In the game of shopping, the goal is to get not the most, but the
best your money can buy."

                                           Troy Bogdan