[Farmall] Re: AT Digest, Vol 21, Issue 20

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 20 13:50:38 PST 2005

TB-
  These "outbuildings" in question (including silos) should have been  properly cabled years ago.  At some point, it becomes too late and  all one can do is stand by and watch the deterioration.  Truly,  these (mine, be default) were quite nice in size, shape, design,  etc.  My (now dimensia ridden) mother in law tried to "keep up"  over the years, but it just was not in the cards.
  Now the 77 acres and the buildings sitting upon them must go.  A  developer will put up cardboard castles in the $250k range and, I  guess, that is the direction that things must take based upon the  prevailing winds of change.  Perhaps the wood itself can be  preserved if not the actual building which it comprised.  I  suppose that is something.
  JM

Troy Bogdan <tbogdan1 at earthlink.net> wrote:  JM, and others,  I read in our newspaper recently that there was a survey
done of all the old barns in our area, and most of them are either falling
down or being knocked down.  They are being replaced by pole buildings, and
the basis of the article was that if nothing is done soon, those old barns
will mostly all be gone.  To me, that is sad.

I guess it's the same for old tractors.  If we weren't holding on to them,
and fixing them up and keeping them going, they would be nearly extinct
also.  I know I may be living in the past, but for me, it is my present.  I
hope someone can use your lumber.  If I had a big truck and a trailer, and
fuel priices weren't so high, I'd be interested.

Thanks,  Troy