[Farmall] Images of Jim Moran's McCormick Deering 10-20, etc.

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 05:25:22 PST 2005

While I would not dane to question Mike Sloane on  anything "tractor", there is no evidence that I see (nor others in the  "know" who have visited it) that would suggest that it is a "hybrid",  so to speak. Again, I will attempt to get a good, hard look at the  plate and report the serial number once more.  One fellow  questioned the right fender, noting that it looked as if it might have  been "cut" toward the front edge (for some reason).  The edge is  clean and, therefore, if any surgery had been done, it would have had  to have been a professional job.  Let me assure you...these  realatives were NOT of the persuasion to hire out such a thing.   If they wanted a cut made, they would have gone about it with a tin  snips and the end result would have been ragged in the least.   Further, after this gentleman suggested the above, I went on line to  pix sources (e.g., Yestedays Tractors, etc.) and look at 10-20's of  this vintage...all of them seemed to have a similar right fen
 der
 situation.  Also, it appears that, when marketed, these things  came with a small grease gun.  The fellow stated that this thing  was mounted on a holder of some sort on the fender.  We HAVE the  original grease gun (it was in the tool box mounted to the operator  platform).  There is no evidence of any sort of holder on either  fender.
  Anyway, all of that having been written, I am leaning toward selling  the tractor and the IHC M engine to the highest bidder, only to get my  sorry project of Golden Road moving along.  Naturally, any buyer  would have to be responsible for the transportation.  Don't bother  asking....there is no warranty expressed nor implied ;-).
  JM

Mike Sloane <mikesloane at verizon.net> wrote:  In reply to the question about the serial number, one of the ATIS
members found the number, photographed it, and sent me the image (that I
can't seem to locate, unfortunately), and I checked the number in Guy
Fay's "International Harvester Tractor Data Book". That is where I came
up with the date. I suppose it is not impossible that sometime in the
tractor's past someone may have made one tractor out of two, especially
if the original engine went bad or wore out.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website:
Images:

The most certain test by which we can judge whether a country is really
free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities. -Lord Acton (John
Emerich Edward Dalberg-Acton), historian (1834-1902)