[AJD] Front Rockshaft parts for 620-730

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Wed Nov 16 19:37:46 PST 2005

I've been fortunate to be able to gather up all the parts needed to make a
complete NOS Single and also a NOS Dual Front Rockshaft assembly for 620-730
JD tractors. The single and dual assemblies are quite different on the right
side. However, the only difference between what fits a 620/630 vs a 720/730
is the length of the rockshaft itself. However, the same rockshaft for each
series is used no matter whether it is a single or dual assembly. The
rockshafts are spliced at both ends and the splines are used at each end for
the single setup only. On the dual set up the right arm is not splined so
that it can be operated separately with the second remote cylinder.

Obviously one needs to have a dual hydraulic Power-Trol set up on the
tractor to use the dual assembly. I have a single rockshaft assembly on my
1958 JD High Clearance 620 and only have a single outlet hydraulic
Power-Trol so unfortunately cannot convert it to the Dual version.

I found it interesting to learn the ins and outs of these assemblies. They
are not often seen at shows.  The 520 version uses all different parts vs
what is used on the 620-730 versions.

I have taken pictures of all the different pieces for the 620-720 NOS
rockshaft versions both single and dual.  The pictures can be seen at:

http://public.fotki.com/deanvp/front_rockshaft/parts620-730/

It was an interesting learning experience.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!

www.deerelegacy.com