[Farmall] Images of Jim Moran's McCormick Deering 10-20, etc.

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 03:33:12 PST 2005

JH-
  I believe that you are correct.  The rods at #1 must have been  compressed and, therefore, exhibit that "stiffness" as described.   While I would rather that it  not be the case, I am beginning to  think that, ultimately, I will have to pull the head.  This is a  heavy and time consuming chore, but it looks as if I (or someone with  better skills and experience) will have to do this (Dammit!).
  I will let you know what transpires.
  JM

John Hall <jthall at worldnet.att.net> wrote:  The pushrods should be loose unless a valve is compressed. When you tap the
rocker arms over top of the valves make sure you don't hit it so hard that
the push rods jump out. No big deal if they do but you wouldn't want to turn
the motor over with one out of socket. To be honest I've never done much
more than light tapping on the valves. If it takes more than that to move
one you probably need to pull the valve and polish the stem.

Good luck and let us know what you find!!

John