[Steam-engine] now pressure gauge

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 06:02:39 PST 2005

> Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 08:48:43 -0800 (PST)
> From: Andy glines <pioneersop96 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Steam-engine] now pressure gauge
> needle.
> <steam-engine at lists.stationary-engine.com>
>

> --- Richard Strobel <Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I could do that.  Went down to the Barnes Steam
> and
> > Power site the other day
> > and looked at all their many boilers.  All the
> > verticals injected at the
> > bottom...but we've beat that horse to death.
> >

> Very Interesting!
>
> >   Anyone know where I can get a needle (pointer)
> > replaced on a pressure
> > gauge?  Like to keep this one as it says Helena
> > Steam on it.
> >
> > TIA
> > RickinMt.
Take a pointer from another gage to put on yours The
pointers simply press onto the shaft.  Make sure that
the shaft size on the new pointer is correct.  If it
is to small it can be reamed out if to big find a
different pointer.  Use the proper puller for removing
the hand.  DON'T use pliers or screwdrivers.  You will
bend the shaft and not even know it.  Been there, done
that, and been scolded for it.  I clock maker should
be able to help.

> Andy Glines
> Evansville, IN

Andy Glines