[Farmall] Images of Jim Moran's McCormick Deering 10-20, etc.

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 14 16:47:23 PST 2005

We tried forcing one to turn over one time. It wasn't the pistons that were
stuck, it was the valves. With egg on my face I called a buddy up and he let
me come over and swipe a rocker arm shaft and some push rods. It's real easy
to check for stuck valves. Air hose off all the crud around the valve cover.
Take off 2 nuts and the priming cups and you're in. Tap all the valves with
a hammer. It will be real obvious if any are stuck. Normally a good soaking
with penetrating oil and lots of tapping will free them up. And you can
watch what is happening when you turn the motor over.

John Hall