[Farmall] Farmall 'H' Wheel Bolts

Jim Kordick jkor1 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 12 03:41:09 PST 2005

To the group:

What is the best source to obtain the 6 bolts that hold the rim to the wheel
on a 'H' Farmall?   These are the bolts that have the jamb nut, and are
threaded
farther down the shaft then a normal bolt.

I have all the clamps, but most of the bolts didn't survive the disassembly
phase of the
restore project.

There are a couple places in Des Moines that I am going to look Monday, one
of them
is a grainger outlet, and another is a place called Iowa Fasteners.

I talked to a welding shop, and he said he could just take the threads
farther down on
a grade 5 or grade 8 bolt.  I assume it would need to be a pretty hard
bolt???
Then he would order me the jamb nuts.

Thanks for any input.

Jim Kordick