[AT] Funny joke

Danny Tabor dannytabor2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 10:56:51 PST 2005

    This joke I heard on XM radio told by President
Reagan as he often did before a speech. I have changed
it a little to fit this forum but it still brings a
smile to me and I hope it does the same for you.
---------------------------------------
         A young man purchased a run down farm. The
buildings were falling apart, fences and fields were
grown over and rocks scattered through out.
       He had spent a year and a half digging up and
hauling away brush and rocks. Spent much money on
fertilizer, making corn, wheat, and alfalfa welcome to
grow there. And boy did it grow beautifully.
       Then he spent a half a year tearing down the
grown over barbed wire fences and putting up nice live
stock wire. He then limed the pasture and planted
beautiful green orchard grass. Soon buying cattle to
fatten up on it.
        Now came the house and out buildings which
took  a couple years and I believe we all know the
expense involved but low an behold he finally finished
      To celebrate he invited his minister to give an
outdoor sermon on the farm. The minister stood before
the congregation and stated, "This farm is a true
example of the Lords work. Just look across the meadow
at the cattle grazing on Gods beautiful grass. And
bless he, the fields of corn are certain to fill the
silo's and cribs. Yes the Lords work can be seen every
corner of this, every inch of this farm"
      By this time the farmer was getting mad as the
minister kept listing many of Gods blessings there on
the farm.
     "Yes", the minister addressed the farmer,"The
Lord certainly has worked with you to make this farm
both beautiful and profitable"
         Yea, bursted the farmer, You shoulda' seen
the place when he was doing it all himself!
     This is intended to bring a smile to ATIS members
and not bring about a debate on religion or politics.

Danny Tabor