[AT] Just another tractor story

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Wed Nov 9 23:10:01 PST 2005

Got a call yesterday evening from the man who leases some pasture from
me.  Seems he was trying to ford a creek on a neighbor's property with a
JD2640 and a bat wing type rotary mower and got hung up (he was coming
to my place to do some mowing and he thought he would take a short
cut).  So, I got on my trusty JD 2010 and rode down to see if I could
help.  When I got there the neighbor had returned with a trailer load of
concrete piers (he is planning a bridge over said creek) and since he
was unloading with a Ford backhoe he promised to do the heavy work.
Good thing too - when I looked at the tractor and mower all buried up in
the sandy bank of the creek I knew that it would be hopeless if I had to
try pulling with my rig.  The neighbor hooked a chain to the stuck
tractor and finally had to urge things along by using the backhoe to
pull the whole mess far enough to get past the wall  of sand built up by
the stuck tractor.  If we had to rely on my 2010 and it's front end
loader we would still be there.
Nice to have that Ford backhoe around - and nice to have someone
operating it who knew what he was doing.

David
NW NC