[AT] Just want to brag

ROBBRUT at aol.com ROBBRUT at aol.com
Wed Nov 9 15:39:21 PST 2005

Thanks for the tip, Don.
I just ordered it.
It was just in time, since I need to rebuild the T-5 trans that is in a 1979
Datsun/Nissan 280ZX  that I got from my brother's widow a few weeks back, just
after he was killed.
The car has a 407 cu in smallblock chevy (400 bored .030 over ) with a host
of other good go-fast stuff. (Holley d.p., Edelbrock, Lakewood, Dart,
Centerforce, Hooker, Accel, Moroso, etc.)
Only trouble is that the slave cylinder-to-master cyl. ratio was never right,
so the clutch never really fully disengaged.
The result was/is a lot of double-clutching and some beat-up syncronizers .
Last saturday I swapped the camaro slave (1'' dia) that was in it for a 4cyl
S-10 (13/16" dia) by making an adapter plate and pushrod, and all is now well
in the clutch department.
It is a beauty (original paint, no rust) on the outside, and it goes like the
hammers of Hades.
I just wish my brother Rick was still here to enjoy how it works now, since
it had plagued him from the day he got it.

-Bruce Thompson
P.S. I'll be doing the same for his garden tractors soon, I guess