[Farmall] Farmall Model H - Cuts out after 45 min to an hour

Bigdog dbigdog at columbus.rr.com
Wed Nov 9 07:43:18 PST 2005

Keith, those are classic signs of an overheating coil.  But, since you've already replaced the mag, that may not be the case.  One thing to do is to check for spark after it dies.  If you do not still have a bright blue spark about 1/4" to 3/8" long you have an ignition system problem.
    The other possibility is a fuel supply issue.  If the vent in the fuel tank is plugged you may be creating a vacuum in the gas tank.  Try removing the gas cap after it dies.  If you hear a sucking sound as you remove the cap, there is a vacuum in the tank.  It could also be dirt or crud in the tank blocking the outlet.