[AT] Some ads from the 11/5 Lancaster Farming

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Nov 9 04:12:28 PST 2005

I have noticed that, in general, the prices of AC tractors are
significantly less than those of comparable JD, IH, and Fords. So it is
probably a lot easier to build up a "fleet" of them (especially if you
are Roger Welsch, and people just bring them over and drop them off at
your doorstep!). Unfortunately, the parts situation isn't quite as good
as it is with the more popular makes, so I guess that is the "other side
of the coin".

Most of the Lancaster PA area is within 2 or 3 hours drive for me, which
is about as far as I am willing to go with my old truck and trailer.
Some of the best buys seem to be in Maryland and Delaware, which is too
far, and I have to let them pass.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a
free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. -Franklin
D. Roosevelt, 32nd US President (1882-1945)