[AJD] Old Iron in the hills..

astroguy at nas.com astroguy at nas.com
Tue Nov 8 23:02:39 PST 2005

Chris,

Need some help scouting??

     :-)

Kreig

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 17:27:27 -0800 (PST)
To: antique-johndeere at lists.antique-tractor.com
Subject: [AJD] Old Iron in the hills..

    I was out doing some legwork required for moving a
D7 this weekend (scouting route,  road names for the
permits, width of the machine,  bridge weights on the
route etc...)  up in the hilles of North Eastern
snohomish county today..  I had noticed that just
about every place had some sort of rusty old (usually
red or orange)  tractor out in a shed..  Then I
happened along a small field with a GP, mid 30's
looking unstyled D,  Late 40's looking Styled D,  and
an LA.  The GP had about a years worth of blackberry
growth on it,  all of them had cans over the exausts
and intakes..  I didn't have time to look into them
further but it appears I have happened onto an
accidentaly Deere Hunt while bringing another Cat
home..   One thing is for sure,  the Deere's are
easier to move..

    All the tractors looked decent to me,  The GP
looked like an older restoration or at least paint
job.  The others were more 'original' looking paint
with the usual Northwest package (green slime/mold)
growing on them.

    I'll let you guys know what I find out.  I am
heading back up that way Friday for final prep on the
cat and we move Saturday.   I wonder what old D's are
going for these days...

                 Chris