[Farmall] Oil pressure

Karl Olmstead olmstead at ridgenet.net
Tue Nov 8 16:06:46 PST 2005

As promised, I installed 'real' oil pressure gauges on two F-20s and an F-14
because I was concerned about high or low oil pressure (as indicated by the
original gauges).  The results have been pretty consistent.  Oil pressure on
the three tractors runs about 25 psi cold, around 20 after they warm up.
Maybe a pound or two lower when they are at low idle.  Haven't decided
whether or not to put the old gauges back on.

Finally got the F-14 running right, the one that refused to hand start all
of a sudden.  Primary problem was one spark plug lead that had pulled most
of the way out of the magneto's distributor block.  Dragging that dead
cylinder along was just too much load when the engine was trying to get
running.  If I pull started it, the spark from the magneto was hot enough to
jump the gap and fire the plug.  This little problem took almost a year to
track down, since I was busy remodelling the house.

-Karl