[Ford-ferguson] TO-30 camshaft

Randy Hoch randyh at dfdfcu.com
Tue Nov 8 09:41:50 PST 2005

I recently went to install a governor in my Ferguson TO-30 only to find that
the camshaft gear was held in place by a bolt with a large head in the hole
where the governor would be installed. In addition there were no external
threads to accept the large nut to hold the cam gear in place when the bolt
is removed to make room for the governor.  The instructions with the
governor indicated that the nut should be used for a Ferguson application
but discarded for a Perkins application.

Do I have a Perkins camshaft in my Ferguson?  Some other camshaft?  I'm a
little uncomfortable installing the governor without something to hold the
cam gear on the camshaft.  Does anyone have any idea what might be going on
here and how I might be able to install the governor?

Thanks for your help.