[AJD] $300 Ebay JD gas cap -Fraud second chances

G.Dombaugh gdombaugh at 1kms.com
Tue Nov 8 06:32:50 PST 2005

Good Morning all....
Be very careful of the "Second Chance" offers, especially on the higher
ticket items.
About a 6 months ago I bid $2150.00 for a like new (but older) 345 JD mower.
The mower sold
for something like $3100.00.  I get this official looking email that had
eBay's name on it
giving me a "second chance" offer at my price. (Obviously, this didn't sound
quite right.)
 Since I had already spoken to the seller once, I called him back and the
"second chance" offer did not come from him.  It was a FRAUD offer that
requested my immediate payment to secure the mower and they would even
pay the freight to my location to make it more enticing.  If I had sent the
money I would have been out
the $2150.00 with NO MOWER.     .... eBay confirmed that it was a FRAUD
offer....

Garrell Dombaugh