[AT] Drill press question for list - A good one cheap to use in my farm equipment shop?

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Sun Nov 6 17:21:11 PST 2005

I have another tool question for the list. I have been looking for a drill
press for some time. Well actually I would like to get two - one floor and
one benchtop. The benchtop could be used for a project I need to get done
VERY soon and the floor one would be the culmination of a desire since
junior high school to have a REAL machine tool drill press for myself.
    I have had no luck finding a used one and the Chinese ones that seem to
be all that is available new locally are junk (not to mention that I try to
get good American or similar iron in my tools).... I found the following lot
on Ebay that closes shortly and think this is the sort of unit that would be
great for the benchtop use - a Walker-Turner unit EBAY#4415556712 and
wondered if anyone on the list knows of something like it available? The
price so far looks to go for about $60-75 in Pennsylvania and no shipping
available. I am in California and can't go pick one up other than relatively
locally. Does anyone have any suggestions????
        Grant Brians
        Hollister, California
p.s. I just had the throwout bearing on my Oliver Super 77 fail yesterday
and it has only been in there for about 25 years! Darn poor quality if you
ask me - snicker,  snicker.... I'll have to replace that in the next few
weeks so it will go back into the field. It is a really useful row crop
tractor and I have a batch of tasks awaiting it!