[Steam-engine] Re:sediment in mud ring or suspension?

CopperheadMarine at aol.com CopperheadMarine at aol.com
Sun Nov 6 06:50:30 PST 2005

OK let me start a debate here. Is it better to keep sediment in suspension
with soda ash or to let it settle on the crown or flue sheet and in the mud
ring  or leg?

  Do we have any inspectors on the list?

I keep mine in suspension with treatment. Second what flow has more
velocity, a half inch injector or a one inch blow down? Do this, mark the sight
glass, inject a set amount of water 5 or 10 gallons and time it. Mark the glass
again. Now blow down to the first mark and time it.

  let me know what you find.

Where is the coolest spot on the boiler? Top? Middle? or bottom?
  Charlie